SYLLABUS: Course Title: General Science
Grade level: 8th
|School Phone: (620) 724-4114||Planning Period Time available for phone call: 9:50 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. MTuThF|
Course Standards (general topics you will learn in the course)-- dont use this section if you chose to use the OUTLINE
1) Physical Science Standards:
A. Structure and Properties of Matter
B. Chemical Reactions
C. Forces and Interactions
E. Waves and Electromagnetic Radiation
2) Life Science Standards:
A. Structure, Function, and Information Processing
B. Matter and Energy in Organisms and Ecosystems
C. Interdependent Relationships in Ecosystems
D. Natural Selection and Adaptations
3) Earth and Space Sciences Standards:
A. Space Systems
B. History of Earth
C. Earth's Systems
D. Weather and Climate
E. Human Impacts
4) Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science
A. Engineering Design
Classroom Expectations / Expected Behaviors:
1) COME TO CLASS PREPARED, bring required mterials, assignments, and iPad.
2) Go to seat upon arrival in the classroom and wait in seat to be dismissed at the end of class.
3) Do not ask to leave the room unless absolutely necessary. Please use the restroom during passing period.
4) Please raise your hand to ask or answer a questions.
5) Respect yourself, your classmates, and your school.
Materials: It is the expectation that you will bring the following to class everyday.
1) Lined, loose leaf notebook paper.
2) iPad that is charged
3) 3-pronged two pocket folder
4) pencils or pens-either black or blue ink please
Grading Policy: Calculation of Final Trimester Grade:
C =70-79% Weighted Categories:
D =60-69% 60% Tests
F =0-59% 40% Daily Assignments
Absences: If you are absent, when you return to school it is your responsibility to check with each teacher to see what you missed during your absence.
Late Work: One day extra attempt to be grade at 80% partial credit. After one day late, no longer accepted.
iPad Policy in this class: You are NOT allowed to use your iPad for personal pleasure (gaming, internet surfing, ...) in this class unless the teacher has verbally given permission for students to do so.