SYLLABUS: Course Title 7th Grade Social Studies
Grade level: 7th
|Instructor: Brad Herlocker||Email: email@example.com|
|School Phone: (620) 724-4114||Planning Period Time available for phone call: 1:40-2:10|
Course Standards (general topics you will learn in the course)--
1) Students will learn what is currently going on in our world and challenges we face.
2) Students will learn and demonstrate basic geography skills such as how to read a map, give directions, use latitude and longitude and use technology to determine our place and location in the world.
3) Students will learn about 5 themes of geography and the basic continents and oceans.
4) Student will learn about State and Local Govt.
5) Student will learn about the Juvenile and Adult Legal System
6) Student will learn about economics effecting international trade, benefits of spending, borrowing, and saving
7) Student will demonstrate knowledge of United States and Kansas geography
8) Students will learn of Kansas history with emphasis on slavery, Native Americans, depletion of resourses, migration, Populism, Great Depression agriculture
-Kansas before the 1800’s
-Early 1800’s - Bleeding Kansas era
-Kansas role in the Civil War
-Post Civil War Kansas
-20th Century Kansas
-21st Century Kansas
Classroom Expectations / Expected Behaviors:
Classroom Expectations: Other rules will be added as needed.
1.Have all materials and be seated and ready to work when the bell rings.
2.Respect others at all times and treat people how you want to be treated.
3.All other rules in the student handbook will apply in this classroom.
Consequences for infractions:
If a student will not comply with the rules and the disruption is interfering with the learning environment the student will be referred to the Principal’s office. Extreme disruptions will result in automatic office referral.
Materials: It is the expectation that you will bring the following to class everyday.
1) Textbook (Most of the textbook will be portioned out in canvas and on IPAD unless the student is an 8-3 user in which case they will receive a textbook)
2) iPad that is charged
3) Pencil, ink pen, paper, ...
Grading Policy: Calculation of Final Trimester Grade:
C =70-79% Weighted Categories:
D =60-69% 40% Tests
F =0-59% 60% Daily Assignments
Absences: If you are absent, when you return to school it is your responsibility to check with each teacher to see what you missed during your absence. Based on the number of days you missed, you will have that same number of days to submit make-up assignments.
Late Work: One extra attempt to be grade at 80% partial credit
iPad Policy in this class: You are NOT allowed to use your iPad for personal pleasure (gaming, internet surfing, ...) in this class unless the teacher has verbally given permission for students to do so.